Location and Time: October 19th-November 23rd 2015
Where: GlenOak High School (Room C112/113), 1800 Schneider ST NE, Canton, OH 44721
When: 7:00p – 8:30p on each Monday evening.
Attend this Seminar and learn to read the Bible effectively!
If you find reading the Bible difficult or frustrating at times, then this seminar is for you. Six concise and informative sessions are delivered in a friendly, comfortable environment.
They are aimed at equipping you with the skills and determination to understand scriptural doctrines for yourself and benefit from a new appreciation of the Bible. Whether you are familiar with the Bible or are new to reading it, you will walk away with loads of information and a new energy to begin reading more effectively.
Here’s what you will learn…
- Who wrote the Bible – where did it come from?
- How to remove the “mystery” which many religions cast about the Bible.
- How to use cross references.
- How to learn more in less time with effective study tools.
- How to get past the sometimes difficult language used in the Bible.
- An overview of each book of the Bible in a concise easy to understand manner.
- History and chronology (the order of events) in the Bible.
- 3 tips to letting the Bible interpret the Bible.
- How to read carefully (ex. Adam and Eve didn’t eat an apple).
- How to overcome boredom when reading.
- Prove for yourself the Bible is not a work of fiction.
- When an understanding of Greek and Hebrew can help and why it isn’t essential to Bible understanding.
- What does the title Christ mean (and loads of other definitions to make Bible reading easier)?
- How science is reconciled with the scriptures.
- What happens at death?
- Why quoting a single scripture is dangerous (how to keep passages in context).
- Who are the Jews? Why are they so important in the Bible?
- Why the Bible is intentionally difficult to understand in parts and how it can be simplified.
- How did so many interpretations of the Bible develop?
- Why are there 4 gospel accounts?
- When and how to gain an understanding of the book Revelation.
- Why does God allow so much suffering and wickedness?
- How critics of the Bible “prove” their criticism.
- What are the differences between Bible versions?
- Why is there an Old Testament and a New Testament?
- How the Bible deals with the ago old question: Is man good or evil?
- How to use a concordance and a lexicon.
- A simple Bible reading plan to get you through the whole Bible in a year.
- October 19, 2015
- 7:00 – 7:15 Introduction
- 7:15 – 7:30 Background of the Bible
- 7:30 – 7:45p The Bible Interprets Itself
- 7:45 – 8:15p Overview of the Books of the Bible Part 1
- 8:15 – 8:30p Why the Bible is Difficult to Read
- October 26, 2015
- 7:00 – 7:15 Why 2 Testaments?
- 7:15 – 7:30 The Role of Prophecy
- 7:30 – 7:45p Tips on Reading
- 7:45 – 8:15p Overview of the Books of the Bible Part 2
- 8:15 – 8:30p Terminology Part 1
- November 2, 2015
- 7:00 – 7:15p Study Tools Part 1
- 7:15 – 7:45p Overview of the Books of the Bible Part 3
- 7:45 – 8:00p Terminology Part 2
- 8:00 – 8:30p Using Cross References
- November 9, 2015
- 7:00 – 7:15p Critics of the Bible
- 7:15 – 7:30p The Purpose of God Revealed
- 7:30 – 8:00p Overview of the Books of the Bible Part 4
- 8:00 – 8:15p Study Tools Part 2
- 8:15 – 8:30p Versions of the Bible
- November 16, 2015
- 7:00 – 7:15p Mystery?
- 7:15 – 7:30p Terminology Part 3
- 7:30 – 8:00p Overview of the Books of the Bible Part 5
- 8:00 – 8:30p The Jews and The Law of Moses
- November 23, 2015
- 7:00 – 7:15p Life and Death in the Bible
- 7:15 – 7:45p Overview of the Books of the Bible Part 6
- 7:45 – 8:00p Good vs. Evil
- 8:00 – 8:15p Terminology Part 4
- 8:15 – 8:30 Conclusions
9 Reason why you should attend…
- No obligation. No one will attempt to “convert” or “save” you.
- FREE. You will never be asked for money, to purchase materials or to make donations of any kind (and we mean never!).
- Make your Bible study more productive with less time. You will understand more and know where to look to keep it moving at an enjoyable pace.
- If you claim to believe in God, you are obligated to understand for yourself his purposes for man. Jesus himself said, “Have ye not read…?”
- No one will ever call you on the phone or in person.
- Take advantage of a legitimate opportunity to break free from the T.V. Enjoy time with the family, spouse, or friend learning about God in a friendly and relaxed environment.
- Quit at any time. If you ever find the program inadequate you may quit with no string attached.
- Learn and fine tune skills which will allow you to read the Bible with better understanding than before. Many people desire to learn but initial frustration discourages and hinders progress.
- Everyone attending receives extensive free materials including a 3-ring binder of class outlines to keep your own notes. The handouts will also allow you to review material at your own pace between classes.
Registration is Easy!
- Register Online: Click Here to Register
- Register by Phone: (330) 484-4204
There are no fees for the seminar. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Be sure to register early!
Dress and Preparation
Dress comfortably and be sure to bring a Bible if you have one. Everything else is provided at the seminar. No advance preparation is required.
If you have any questions please contact us by using one of the contact methods at the bottom of this page.
Phone: (330) 484-4204